Get the Seahawk Scoop! Read our SLHS Daily Morning News
December 6, 2019
Today is Friday, December 6th.
Today is a Blue Day - SS periods Monday are 6 & 5
Remember to pick up your pantry orders before dismissal
Heads up to all of the Fairfax Connector riders! Bus drivers are still on strike, and Fairfax Connector will be running on their Sunday schedule. Make sure to plan in advance if you rely on the buses to get home today.
Today is the FINAL DAY to turn in your application for the Hugh O Brien Youth Leadership Conference.
Sophomores: submit your forms to Ms. Campbell before the end of the day for a chance to represent South Lakes at this statewide event.
The Boosters Store will be open TODAY during all lunches. Stop by and pick up your Beat Herndon t-shirt and other spirit gear.
The South Lakes Dance Department proudly presents the Fall Dance Concert tonight at 7 pm.
- Come kick off the holiday season with this presentation of joy, peace and love. Admission is free, and all are welcome!
Seahawks! For any one who needs hours for this year, come out to a trash pickup here at South Lakes on Sunday, December 15, from 2-4 pm. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Scan the QR code to sign up!
Attention 10th and 11th graders: your PSAT scores will be released next Monday, December 9th.
Reports include a breakdown of your score which correlates with the test book you’ll get back during 5th period on Monday. See your class blackboard page for more information.
Seahawks! it's Fashion Friday!
- Just because the weather has turned cold, don’t think you can’t make a fashion statement!
- Add color to your outfit with hats and gloves! This fashion tip is brought to you by the South Lakes Fashion Marketing class. Stay tuned for more.
Over the next two weeks there are candy cane sales during all lunches for a dollar. Stop by and purchase one for your special someone.
The DE Marketing class is holding Market Days during all lunches on December 10th and 12th, just in time for the holidays. Bring your money as these young entrepreneurs will be selling a variety of items you want.
Help the south lakes food pantry this winter by donating socks, gloves, hats, scarves and bundles of warm clothing for the South Lakes High School Sock Nest!
- Drop off any donated clothing items in the baskets around the school! Clothing will be collected every Thursday!
Today in Seahawk sports:
- The indoor track team competes at Thomas Jefferson Middle school at 5 pm.
- Varsity swim and dive takes on Yorktown at 6:30
- And finally, boys varsity basketball plays Centerville at home tonight at 7:30
Good luck to all our seahawk athletes!