New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español de Espanol que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to South Lakes High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Seahawks!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to South Lakes High School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to South Lakes High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but not a rising 9th-grade student who most previously attended a school in the Hughes Middle School pyramid as an 8th-grade student.
- Rising 9th-grade students who attended Hughes MS as an 8th-grade student do not need to enroll. The records are automatically transferred.
To join South Lakes High School, first determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
Enrolling parent, if your student does live in the South Lakes HS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration intake form below to provide us with some basic information. Your form will be submitted to Christina Khashnobish, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
ONLINE STUDENT REGISTRATION (AVAILABLE TO ALL ZONED SCHOOLS
General Registration Forms
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more. This page has videos as well as the five-step process for enrolling a new student.
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.