College and Career Center
Helping students explore educational and career options, make realistic career decisions, and establish career goals.
The College and Career Center Specialist works together with school counselors, teachers, and staff members to help students make informed decisions about post-secondary opportunities. Information and access are provided to explore college and career options, financial aid and scholarship resources, standardized testing preparation, military careers, apprenticeship and technical school programs, job listings, summer opportunities, and volunteer programs.
College and Career Center Specialists: Jennifer Campbell| email@example.com Phone: 703.715.4592
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. | Periodically the College and Career Center is closed for classes or meetings. Parents who wish to visit the Career Center may do so by scheduling an appointment by phone or email.
The Career Center is located off the main hallway closest to the stadium side of the building.
The College & Career Center offers:
- Information on colleges and universities in the US and abroad
- Over 100 college admissions visits each year
- Test prep for PSAT, SAT, ACT, ASVAB, etc.
- Strategies to make the college exploration and application process less stressful
- Leads on internships and apprenticeships
- Information on financial aid, scholarships and how to pay for college
- Information on gap year programs and summer enrichment programs
- Information on military careers, service academies, and ROTC scholarships
The South Lakes High School CEEB Code is 471826.
College Admissions Representatives
The Career Center hosts approximately 100 college admissions representatives to meet juniors and seniors each fall. Log onto Family Connection through Blackboard to sign up for college visits, research colleges, or explore career inventories. For help, please see Ms. Campbell in the College and Career Center.