COVID-19 Protocols for ACT Testing at South Lakes High School
Saturday, October 24th
South Lakes High School will be following all health protocols required by the state of Virginia, Fairfax County, and ACT. Please be aware of the following protocols prior to arriving to test on the dates noted above.
Regarding Safety Measures:
- Masks will be required, at all times, for both testers and ACT staff.
- Social distancing will be practiced to the best of the ACT staff’s ability.
Regarding Building Entry and Check-in:
- Testers taking the ACT Without Essay and testers with accommodations will report to the main entrance (door 1). Testers taking the ACT with Essay will report to Door 4 which is the entrance on the stadium/student parking lot side.
- Parents will not be permitted in the check in line with their student. They are welcome to wait in the parking lot until their student is admitted.
- At each entrance, testers will be required to respond to questions from a “health questionnaire” provided by ACT. No tester will be permitted into the building without having completed this questionnaire and wearing a mask. Here are the six (6) statements to which a tester must agree:
- Have you tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Are you experiencing fever, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, a cough, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell at this time?
- Have you been in close contact with someone displaying these known symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the country or to any high-risk locations in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone who traveled to high-risk locations in the past 14 days?
- Testers will be required to wear masks at all times upon entering the building, and the masks will also be inspected at that time.
- Tester entry will be staggered, so that only a few are entering the building at a time, to allow space between testers as they locate their assigned testing room.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance.
Regarding Testing Rooms:
- As always, before testers can be allowed into their assigned testing room, they must provide two pieces of identification to the Room Proctor -- their printed Testing Ticket, and a valid ID of some kind ACT Test Day - The ACT Test.
- Testers should do everything they can to have their identification ready when they arrive at their testing room, so they can move into the room quickly and help avoid testers clustering around a test room door.
- Students must temporarily pull their masks down during center and room check-in, pulling them away from their face for ID verification. Efforts will be made to ensure students stand an appropriate distance away from the staff admitting students to the room.
Regarding Breaks Between Testing Sections:
- Breaks will be administered per ACT protocol and no extended breaks will be provided.
- Students are permitted to take breaks in the room, with a limited number of students allowed in restrooms at a time. Hall monitors may ask to inspect masks of students leaving the restroom.
- Hall Monitors will be moving about the hallways to encourage testers not to cluster together, and to move back into their testing room as quickly as possible.
Regarding Student Dismissal:
- Once testers in a particular testing room have finished, the Room Proctor will dismiss them in a staggered fashion -- testers must then move quickly to exit the building through the same entrance they entered earlier that morning.
- If you have an questions please contact Jen Dixon- @email