There are two parent liaisons based in South Lakes High School. Parent liaisons are available to work with ALL families on a variety of issues. To assist with families who speak other languages, Ms. Maria Gospodinoff (703-715-4782) is fluent in Spanish.
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 3:15 pm
The parent liaison role in school is to facilitate communication between the school and parents. Parent Liaisons work closely with the school’s counselors, clinic staff, administrators, teachers and other school and community personnel to help the students and their families. Parent Liaison can also:
- Assist parents with completing school forms
- Provide information to parents about school and community resources and services
- Encourage and arrange opportunities for open communication between the parents and school staff
- Encourage parent’s involvement and leadership in the school
- Arrange for language interpreters for parent at school meetings
South Lakes will host a series of parent meetings for our Spanish speaking families conducted in the respective language throughout the school year. PTSA welcomes all families to the monthly meetings held the second Wednesday of the month in the library at 7 PM.