Monday, February 19
Tuesday, February 20
Boys Basketball (Region Tournament) vs Yorktown, 7pm
Wednesday, February 21
Thursday, February 22
Boys Basketball (Region Semi-finals)*, 7pm
Friday, February 23
Boys Basketball (Region Finals)*,8pm
Saturday, February 24
* Must win previous game to advanceJanuary Student Athlete of the Month
This month, Katie's solo was entered into Dance Team Union's preliminary solo competition. There were over 150 solos entered in the competition and Katie's solo placed in the top 10. As a result, she has been invited to compete at DTU's National Competition in Orlando this February.
Merrick has been great since district play has started, he is shooting above 50% from the field with a +/- of +37. More importantly Merrick has been a great teammate, coming off the bench playing important minutes and being positive in all aspects of the game.Athletic Boosters
Want to join a winning team?
The South Lakes Athletic Boosters is looking for some awesome volunteers who want to become more involved with the sports program at SLHS.
We need adults to join us in the areas of fundraising, concessions, spirit wear, finance, etc. . . All are welcome and no experience is necessary.
Are You Planning to Try out for a Sports Team at South Lakes?
- Season Start Dates:
- Spring Sports: Monday, February 19, 2024
Baseball, Girls/Boys Lacrosse, Boys/Girls Outdoor Track, Girls/Boys Soccer, Softball, Girls/Boys Tennis
- If you have sport specific questions, please contact the coach directly. Please find coaches contact information HERE (Look Under QUICK LINKS)
Each athlete MUST complete the 2 items below prior to any off season workout or try-outs:
- VHSL physical is required for participation. It must be dated after May 1, 2023. The VHSL Physical Form can be found HERE
- Please make sure that the insurance information is included, and all parent/student signatures are on the form.
- Please turn your Physical into the Activities Office (Room #338) or scan and email it to Becky Slaight at [email protected].
- Families & student-athletes must complete the online Athletic Registration each school year after May 1st for the following school year. You can find this link HERE. The information on the registration must be updated each year for the student-athlete to be eligible. Please update any emergency contact information, complete the concussion education, and check the sport(s) that they wish to try-out for.
- Instructions for how to complete Athletic Registration can be found HERE
Athletics Website: www.southlakesathletics.netIMPORTANT LINKS
Stay in touch with Seahawk Athletics & Activities
South Lakes Athletic and Activities Office: 703-715-4517